Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This week I have been working show songs as well as the French song: Mandoline. I really enjoy this song, especially because it is so pretty. Some of the vowel sounds are still giving me trouble but they can be worked out, no sweat. What I am sweating about though is the musical. When we are a week away from opening night, I feel like we should be farther along, though things are getting better from night to night. I need to stay focused on MY things and the things I can fix and not get too involved in trying to fix a problem musically that is out of my jurisdiction. That is a very stressful situation for me because I want to fix everything but I just can't.

Thanks for being so understanding. See you on Saturday, Dr. Hepworth!! 10:00am!

1 comment:

  1. I think your attitude about the musical is insightful and very mature. You are right...focus only on what you have the ability to immediately control. That is so hard, especially since you are such a prepared person. I can definitely relate, although it took me until I was much older to realize what you have already figured out!
    I am happy to hear that you are able to work on the French--it is such a challenge for a second semester Sophomore, but you are a very capable and talented young lady.
    "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things that I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
    See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete