Monday, September 26, 2011

It is always so encouraging to see progress after you've worked on something! For awhile I was freaking out about going to NATS since I haven't done a vocal festival in a long time, but after my lesson with Dr. Hepworth on Wednesday I am feeling a lot better about my progress on Green Finch and Linnet Bird and I also feel more comfortable with Down in the Forest and Mandoline. I am getting excited/a little nervous as NATS approaches, but I know I'll be ready :)

One thing I am really going to work on this week is making sure I keep my chin down when I sing vowels -especially vowels that sound 'i' (ee). oh, I will also work on keeping the "A-frame" space thinking in my mouth -- especially on words like How and Now.

1 comment:

  1. You are right to feel confident about your preparation and skill, Jill! Wait, that rhymed! Start pressing those nerves by singing for whomever will listen. Sing on studio without music, sing on recital---anything to push the envelope. I find that if I sing without having the complete mental "ok" saying that I am ready to be off book, I always surprise myself.
    Keep up the amazing work, Jill. Rely on your technique, and you will be superb!

    ReplyDelete