Monday, December 5, 2011

I have forgotten how incredibly beneficial it is to do score study!! On Tuesday we took a field trip to Norfolk for our instrument repair class and on the way there and back I studied "O del mio dolce ardor". I was surprised to see just how much text I could memorize in such a short period of time, even with my attention halfway on the people in the van. This being said, there is still a lot to do. I have begun working on the notebook part of things and it is amazing how much richer my singing is now that I am putting myself into the character's place, especially for "Che faro senza Euridice" and "O Del Mio Dolce Ardor". Now for the rest of my songs! :)

1 comment:

  1. Score Study!! Hooray! It is wonderful to see results of score study. I am truly surprised more people do not take my words to heart and utilize this invaluable tool. I think you are on the right track, Jill. Well done!

    ReplyDelete