Monday, December 5, 2011

I also sang for last Tuesday's recital. This time I sang "Take o take those lips away" by Amy Beach. I was relatively satisfied with my performance. I tried to remember to keep my mouth big in order to create a more resonant space and also tried to remember to "smile", or keep a thinner top lip, as I was singing. I was able to think about what I was doing instead of freaking out about how nervous I was to get up in front of people. That was very relaxing: not having to worry much about the words. This week I was very aware of what my body was doing: where my arms were going, how I stood, where I was looking (trying to look down at the audience), etc.

Overall, I thought I was very consistent with my mouth space, which is something we have been working on in lessons. Thank you Dr. Hepworth for helping me become consistent!!

1 comment:

  1. Your performance last Tuesday was spectacular! I was so proud of your performance. I think that your focus was spot on---keeping your technique at the forefront of your mind rather than letting your nerves take over! YOU have really made great improvements this semester in terms of consistency. I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete