Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I have recently been spending the majority of my practice time with Che faro senza Euridice. Ever since I heard two girls sing it at NATS, I have fallen in love with it. I love the "che faro" melody (the one that is happy sounding)but am having trouble with the parts that differ; especially the parts that come between the happy "che faro" melody. I am also kind of scared of the beginning recitative because it is so long and doesn't really having a flowing, easy to catch on to, melody. I have realized though, after spending only one day on the first page, that memorizing Italian isn't really that bad. If I just put the time in, I can get this one down. Right now I have the first page almost totally memorized, but there is still a lot of work to be done on this aria. I am also putting some time into memorizing the German piece. I just love Che faro!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have fallen in love with the aria from Orfeo ed Euridice...it is such a wonderful greek drama....just what the Florentine Camarata had in mind when Greek theater was revived! Find the recurring patterns in the melody as well as the text---there isn't actually a lot of text to consider, but pay attention to the modified chorus at the end of the return of the A section...that always throws people off!
    Keep up the great work, Jill! You are an excellent role model for all.
    Dr. H.

    ReplyDelete