Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Finally, I'm back in the swing of things and beginning to practice on a more regular basis. I have been working a lot on O del mio dolce ardor and Take oh take those lips away. I realize that if I had worked just four or five more hours on this one before fall break I probably could have had it memorized a long time ago. However, there is nothing I can do about that now and it is finally pretty much memorized. Also, O del mio dolce ardor is coming along ok, but the German song (Fur musik) is still giving me fits. We'll see how that one goes...

Today I am singing Green finch and linnet bird on student recital and I am pretty excited about it. It is about time I sang this one on recital! lol. Unfortunately I am struggling with some flem this morning but hopefully things will get better this afternoon.

Also for warm ups I still enjoy doing lip buzzes on five note patterns going up by half steps and sing-ahs going up by half steps as well.

I am expecting to make a lot of progress in a little amount of time as the end of the semester is just around the corner!

1 comment:

  1. I KNOW you will make tons of progress now that you are not spread so thin. You continue to impress me, Jill. I very much appreciate your honesty and work ethic. I think many of our students could learn much from observing you!
    Remember to continue listening to recordings on Itunes or NAXOS to get the inflection of the German language in your ear. Once you are more familiar with it, it will come easily! I am excited that you have enrolled in Diction---that will make all the difference in the world!
    Dr. H.

    ReplyDelete