Sunday, February 20, 2011

This week during my lesson we sang through on "Down in the Forest" and "Voi che sapete" because I am on student recital this week and needed to see which one to do. The past week I have been working on keeping my sound frontal and modifying vowels when I go for the high notes. Thanks to Dr. Hepworth I know that when I sing a high "ee" vowel sound it should be changed to "I" and "oh" should be changed to more of an "aw" sound. This helps me keep the vowel sound frontal and avoid swallowing the sound. I think my biggest challenge this week and semester is going to be singing in French since I have never sang in any language other than English and Italian. Not to mention the French language just has some very different vowel sounds to which English just has no comparison. For example: mixed vowel sounds: like puckering your lips for an "oo" and then shaping your tongue and the inside of the oral cavity for an "ee" sound. It feels so weird!! But sounds just like the people in French movies - lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment