Monday, April 4, 2011

This morning in my rehearsal with Mr. Phil, I realized that our French studio concert is next week!!! Soo that means that I have some memorizing to do!!! Not to mention not even all of my vowels are solid so I have a lot of work to do on Mandoline in a week and a half. I also noticed during rehearsal that there are times when I do a really good job of keeping my mouth wide open and changing the vowel with my tongue and nasal cavity and there are times when my mouth is really flat (which is bad).

So I will continue focusing on keeping a wide open mouth and nasal vowels. And memorizing!

1 comment:

  1. I had the same conversation with Phil this morning! Where did the time go! A great tip for memorizing...attach the English meaning to important words in phrases...feel as if you are truly telling the story rather than just regurgitating sounds that you remember hearing. We will work on the space in your lesson this week....I think I have an excellent idea of how to keep you thinking about the space and prevent the soft palate from collapsing during descending phrases. You have improved so much, Jill! You are on your way!

    ReplyDelete