Thursday, April 7, 2011

This week I practiced Mandoline intensely and even worked on memorizing some of it. :) I realized that I don't have to spend countless hours in the practice room at a time, but that if I refresh my songs daily it is a lot easier to remember what you worked on the day before and just keep things going even if you don't spend a ton of time all at once. Memorizing the first two or so pages of Mandoline really helps take a lot pressure off me for the French recital that I am kind of stressed about.

2 comments:

  1. Jill,
    You just walked out of my office, and I forgot to tell you how much I appreciate your enthusiasm and hard work. You are role model for all, Jill. Think about what we talked about in regards to memorizing Mandoline...I really believe that those strategies will truly help! Also keep in mind the "egg in the mouth" strategy....that will help keep your pharynx open and relaxed and more space for that beautiful, bright sound to resonate!
    Again, well done and congratulations. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dr. H! You are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete