Monday, April 25, 2011

What a disappointing weekend! Unfortunately I had a terrible sore throat starting friday night and lasting up until this (Monday) morning. I guess I can either look at the glass as half full or half empty though - this is the first time this semester I have suffered from an illness or head cold that has totally wiped me out. Really this next week all I need to do is make sure I have everything memorized. Mandoline and Down in the Forest are good to go; however, I am slightly worried for Voi che Sapete since I have only sang that song with the music in front of me even though I have been working on it the longest. I have had Nachtigall Ach in my head for about the past week so now I just need to make sure I can put the words with the melody that has been floating around with me.

Study week, here we come!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jill! I am sorry you are feeling ill! Don't fret about the Mozart...it will come together. We can discuss some strategies for memorization (similar to the French, but more fun!) so that it will be secure and solid. Whenever you find yourself humming a song, go directly to the score...our mind can sometimes play mean tricks on us, making us believe that we "know" our song, when in fact, we learned the wrong melody or words. Keep up the great work, Jill. I am not concerned about you at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dr. Hepworth! Great advice!

    ReplyDelete